KO Gold is a Canadian junior mining company listed on the CSE under the ticker symbol “KOG”. The Company’s strategy is to acquire and advance highly-prospective gold properties within the Otago Gold District in New Zealand. KO Gold has four 100%-owned prospecting and exploration permits in the Otago Gold District, and two exploration permits under option that comprise the Smylers Gold Project, for a combined land package of approximately 972 km2. The Smylers Gold Project is an advanced exploration project located adjacent to OceanaGold’s active Macraes Gold Mine. The Smylers Gold Project has the potential to host a major gold deposit based on significant investments in exploration and drilling over the past few years including over NZ$1M spent by KO Gold on exploration, and reverse circulation (RC) and diamond drilling.
KO Gold is a Canadian-based exploration company focused on exploring the world-class Otago Gold District on the South Island of New Zealand. KO Gold 100% owns four prospecting and exploration permits in the region, and has an option on the Smylers Gold Project located immediately adjacent to the active Oceana Gold Macraes Gold Mine, resulting in a nearly 1,000 km2 total land package. KO Gold has significantly advanced these properties over the past 2 years through prospecting and mapping, soil and stream sediment surveys, geophysics, and over 3,000 metres of RC and diamond drilling at Smylers. KO Gold is currently focused on advancing the Smylers Gold Project to the resource-stage and making new gold discoveries on its permits through an aggressive exploration and drilling program commencing in early 2023.
Otago Gold District
New Zealand Gold Rush
- KO Gold is focused on exploring the world-class Otago Gold District on the South Island of New Zealand.
- Our exploration projects are adjacent to OceanaGold’s Macraes Mine, New Zealand’s largest active gold mine within the Hyde-Macraes Shear Zone (HMSZ) that has produced over 5 Moz of gold since 1990, and Santana Mineral’s Bendigo-Ophir Gold Project to the northwest that contains a 2.4 Moz inferred gold resource within the Rise and Shine Shear Zone (RSSZ).
- Our flagship project is the Smylers Gold Project being explored through an option agreement with Hyde Resources Ltd. and Smylers Gold Ltd. (total optioned area – 62.4 km2)
- Our other projects include the 100%-owned Tokomairiro, Carrick, and Rough Ridge South prospecting permits and Hyde exploration permit with exploration and drilling programs either completed or in the planning stages for these permit areas (total 100%-owned area – 910 km2)
- Total KO Gold Project Area = 972.4 km2
KO GOLD ENTERS INTO SHARE PURCHASE AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE HYDE RESOURCES LIMITED AND THE SMYLERS GOLD PROJECT IN NEW ZEALAND’S OTAGO GOLD DISTRICT
Toronto, Ontario – October 30, 2023 – KO Gold Inc. (CSE:KOG) ("KO Gold" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that...